It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia and SWVTC that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide services and/or benefits thereto; that only appropriate information will be collected; and that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine the information so collected and maintained by SWVTC.
This SWVTC web site:
- Collects no personal information, except as provided below.
- Does not place a “cookie” on your computer.
- Will not track your movements through the web site.
- May allow you to send comments or requests to SWVTC mailboxes. E-mail addresses and messages so obtained shall not be used for other purposes and shall not be sold or otherwise distributed to outside organizations, except as required by law. Be advised, however, that any e-mail message received by SWVTC that is in and of itself unlawful, seeks to aid or abet an unlawful act, or has as its intended purpose the destruction or disruption of SWVTC information technology resources, may be turned over to an appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation and/or prosecution.
SWVTC may deploy firewall and intrusion detection technologies that log connections to this web site. Log entries typically include source and destination Internet Protocol addresses, domain names, services/protocols used and other non-personal information. Such log files tend to be very large and are intended to be used primarily for performance monitoring and troubleshooting by technical support staff; as such, they have a limited disk-life and are not archived. However, if during routine monitoring and troubleshooting, evidence of unlawful acts or attempts to cause the destruction or disruption of SWVTC information technology resources is uncovered, the log files may be retained and turned over to an appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation and/or prosecution.
Although every effort is made to keep this web site updated, neither SWVTC nor any employee or contractor thereof warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published on this web site or any web site that links to or is linked from this web site. SWVTC shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained using this web site does so at his or her own risk.
Accessibility Link and Information
Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
The Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), http://www.w3.org/WAI/, in coordination with organizations around the world, is pursuing accessibility of the Web through five primary areas of work: technology, guidelines, tools, education and outreach, and research and development.
At a minimum, this web site meets Level A Conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, as well as conforming to the HTML 4.01 standard.
DRS provides content in several formats that require plug-ins, or separate browser components, to properly view. All required plug-ins (except the non-trial version of WinZip) are free to use.
The Plug-ins used are:
- Microsoft Word documents (.doc) - Word Viewer
- Adobe Portable Document Format files (.pdf) - Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (.xls) - Excel Viewer
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentations (.ppt) - PowerPoint Viewer
Please be aware that clicking a link above takes you to an external website.